Club owned sailboats provide several opportunities in support of USC Guiding Principals
USC Club Boat Rental Policy:
1) Club boat use is available to Union Sailing Club (USC) members with significant sailing experience (to reduce potential for damage).
2) USC members who want to rent club boats must be certified on each boat by board-approved personnel and must sign a liability waiver form. Check-out procedure will be based on the US SAILING Small Boat Sailor Certification Record Book (“Little Red Book”).
3) Return to the club/do not go out in white-cap conditions. Time lost due to white-caps is transferable to a future rental. There will be no refunds for lack of wind.
4) PFD's must be worn at all times and proper safety equipment must be on board (e.g. paddle)
5) Park rules prohibit any swimming from the boats.
6) Boats may be reserved by the hour for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours. (Sunday races will count as a maximum of 4 hours, even if they take longer) There is a maximum of 14 days advance reservation. Renters will be charged for reservations cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, unless the time slot is filled by another rental.
7) Harbor Master is responsible for keeping boats in serviceable condition. At any board member’s discretion, boats may be taken out of service for repairs or safety with no advance notice. Every effort will be made to accommodate reservations but safety and preservation of property will take precedence.
8) Scheduling of boat will be through a secure password protected scheduling program accessed through the Union Sailing Club web site (see Boat Rental Instructions)
9) Payment must be made by mail or by placing a check (NOT CASH!!) in the box in the shed.
10) Renters will be liable for any damage to the boats beyond normal wear and tear. Notify any board member immediately of any damage to the boat.
11) Anybody found not following these rules or abusing the boats in any way will not be allowed to rent boats in the future.