Please renew your membership before renewing your storage. The software has no way to enforce this, so if you do pay for storage without renewing your membership then the Storage Czar, a volunteer, has to track you down and nag you until you do renew.
You must have been assigned a space by the storage administrator prior to making your payment.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check on space availability and/or to be put on the waiting list.
UNION SAILING CLUB STORAGE CONTRACT
Availability: Applicants must check with the storage administrator for availability — email@example.com
Eligibility: Storage is available only to paid members, owning sailing dinghies or catamarans, who plan to participate in club
activities. Storage is assigned on a ﬁrst-pay basis for unoccupied spaces until all spaces are occupied.
Requirements: (PRIOR to storing): Paid membership dues, current City car and boat passes, and this signed contract with payment.
The Board of Directors of Union Sailing Club and the below signed applicant agree to the following storage terms:
1. Price: Dolly spaces are $325 and rack spaces are $100.
2. Term: January 1
to December 31
3. Hand or Dolly Launch ONLY: No vehicle and/or trailer launching allowed at the club.
4. Renewals: new contract and payment due January 1st.
5. Allowed Use: Storage is restricted to your designated space. Dolly spaces may store up to 3 boats and related equipment stacked up to 6’ high (excluding masts). Rack spaces may store one boat per space. No keelboats or motor boats allowed.
6. Park Permit: Each boat must have a Union Reservoir Park annual pass sticker affixed to it. If the sticker is not VISIBLE for inspection by City of Longmont officials, then the owner will be liable for any fine levied on the club by the City.
7. Mud: Do not drive into the club when the ground is wet! When mostly dry, avoid mud puddles.
8. Volunteer: We are an all volunteer organization, please volunteer at least twice per year
9. Sharing: Only families may share a storage space. Families are those who reside in a single domicile and are related under Colorado State Law.
10. Hours and Rules: Refer to current Park ﬂyer or contact the Park for seasonally varying operating hours, and rules and regulations of Union Reservoir Park. City of Longmont laws apply to facilities. Union Sailing Club rules are posted at the club and online.
11. There is no subletting or prorating of storage spaces.
12. Secure your boat: Boats and equipment must be anchored with ground tackle so as to prevent damage to themselves or adjacent boats anywhere on the USC site. Inspect your tie-downs at least monthly. If you are uncertain about tying your boat down, ask a board member.
13. Inactive or Abandoned boats: USC Board of Directors reserve the right to remove any boat deemed inactive or abandoned, at the owner’s expense.
14. Late Fee: At the discretion of the USC Board. a late fee of $1 dollar per day may be assessed for failure to meet any deadline given herein.
15. LOCK DOWN: Failure to pay or failure to meet any of the above REQUIREMENTS may result in your boat being rendered unusable.
In consideration of the issuance of this seasonal storage space permit, I hereby agree to abide and conform to the Rules, Regulations & Policies of Union Sailing Club,and the City of Longmont governing Union Reservoir. I also agree to indemnify, defend, and save harmless Union Sailing Club, its officers, agents, and employees and City of Longmont, its officers, agents, and employees, from claims or demands of any kind, including alleged negligence or other fault by the Club and or City, for damages or injuries, either to myself, my guests, or to other persons, or to my property or the property of others, arising out of or in connection with the use and storage of boat, trailer, vehicle or anchoring system at Union Reservoir. I further understand that Union Sailing Club or the City of Longmont are in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my boat, vehicle or other property or for the damage to the said property by reason of ﬁre, ﬂood, storm, theft, vandalism or otherwise. I further understand payment is a non-refundable. This storage contract cannot exceed the terms or limits of the Use Permit between Union Sailing Club and the City of Longmont. If the Use Permit between the Union Sailing Club and City of Longmont is not renewed, then storage fee may be refunded on a prorated basis.
I certify that I have read and understand this contract and agree to abide by their provisions.
I acknowledge that Union Sailing Club has a lien upon the boat(s) and equipment for the storage charges set forth above. I further acknowledge that Union Sailing Club may foreclose the lien on my property if the charges are not paid when due. In addition, if the boat and/or trailer are left at Union Reservoir after March 31st without payment in full, or otherwise abandoned, I understand that the City may declare the boat and/or trailer to be abandoned without foreclosing the lien, and sell or otherwise dispose of the boat and/or trailer, in accordance with State law.