2022 USC Fun Day Regatta
Saturday October 29th, 2021
Union Sailing Club
NOTICE OF RACE
MANAGEMENT AND RULES
The Organizing Authority is the Union Sailing Club.
The regatta has no rules, winners or losers - it's all about having fun.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
The event is open to everyone at the club.
Saturday, October 29th
11:00 am – Competitors’ Meeting
12:00 pm – First Gun, no races to be started after 4:00 pm
There will be a “prize” ceremony afterwards.
There will be a short Competitors’ meeting 1 hour prior to the first race on Saturday, signaled by two sound signals.
Sailing Instructions will be discussed during the competitors meeting.
Note: A 5 minute starting sequence will be used (you will need this time to strategize).
Note: Competitors will need to pay attention to RC as handicaps can be issued at any time for any reason.
The regatta site will be at Union Sailing Club on the Eastern shore of Union Reservoir, Longmont, Colorado.
Courses will be provided at the start of each race on the whiteboard. Course options will be discussed at the competitors meeting.
Some examples of courses
1. Target Course : A number will be posted on the board, competitors will be required to round marks that add up to that number. Example: 15 is posted, a proper course would be 8+7 or 8+3+4, or 9+6. Competitors can round the marks in any order.
2. Evens / Odds : Sailors are required to round all even/odd numbered marks (in any order).
3. 360 : Sailors are required to round all marks in any order.
1. All finishes will be through the gate - with RC to starboard
2. All mark roundings will be to port.
Shorten Course: If the shorten course flag is raised, all competitors should immediately finish at the finish area.
1. A high point scoring system will be used, 25 pts for 1st place, 24 pts for second, etc...
2. Bonus points will be awarded at the discretion of the RC. Some examples of how to earn bonus points include; complementing the RC, telling funny jokes, sailing in a costume, showing extreme over confidence in your abilities, etc...
3. Challenge points will be offered at the start of each race (verbally or on the white board). An example of a challenge point might be offering to start 1 minute late in exchange for 5 bonus points, offering to capsize at least once during the race, etc...
4. There are no drops - all races will count.
5. All fleets will be scored together - without any consideration to rating.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See Rule 4, Decision to Race. Union Sailing Club, Union Reservoir Park, and the City of Longmont will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.