UNION SAILING CLUB
Priority given to kids who haven't previously participated in a USC Junior Sailing Program. Please be sure your child can attend all four Saturdays in the session.
Saturdays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Dates for the 1st Session:
July 14, July 21, July 28, and August 4
Requirements / Expectations:- USC family membership required.
- Age 8 to 18, (6- and 7-year-olds who are highly motivated may also be accepted into the program).
- A swim check will be administered in accordance with US Sailing recommendations on the first day of class. All participating Juniors will be required to perform the swim check once per season. Participants must be able to swim at least 25 yards unassisted, tread water or float for three minutes unassisted while wearing a life jacket and normal sailing clothing, and demonstrate a comfort level while in the water.
- Students will be expected to complete a capsize drill.
- Parents / Guardians are expected to stay at the club during lessons.
- Parents / Guardians are asked to help with rigging, de-rigging, launching, landing, and anything else that might be asked of them to assist the instructors.
- Bring your own well-fitting life jacket and water shoes.
- A spray or fleece jacket, a towel, change of clothing and sunscreen.- A sack lunch.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Butterworth.
Union Sailing Club
PO Box 2208
Longmont, CO 80502